Normal Water Supply
Carmichael Water District is currently under Normal Water Supply conditions per the Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
Under Normal Water Supply Conditions the following apply:
- Unnecessary and wasteful uses of water are prohibited.
- No water runoff from property allowed.
- All water plumbing, fixtures, or heating or cooling devices must not be allowed to leak or discharge. All known leaks must be repaired within seven (7) days or less depending on the severity of the leak.
- Free flowing hoses are prohibited for any use, all hoses must have an automatic shut - off control nozzle capable of completely shutting off the flow of water.
- Car washing must use a bucket and hose with an automatic shut-off control nozzle.
- All pools, spas, decorative or ornamental fountains, ponds and water features must be equipped with a recirculation pump and maintained leak free. Internal and external water leaks must be repaired
within seven (7) days or less depending on the severity of the leak.
- All landscapes must be watered during cooler morning or evening hours to reduce evaporation and minimize landscape runoff. No watering allowed between the hours of 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- No irrigating turf or ornamental landscapes during and 48 hours following measurable precipitation.
- Pool covers should be used to minimize evaporation.
- During summer , outdoor watering three days a week is usually sufficient for typical landscape
- Use high efficiency plumbing fixtures and washing full loads of laundry and dishes.
- No serving of drinking water other than upon request in food and beverage establishments.